Sponsors are an integral part of any conference. They provide financial support, bring in valuable expertise, resources, and increase event visibility. As a conference organizer, it is important to secure sponsorships early on in the planning process to ensure the success of your event. If you are new to conference organizing, here are some tips for securing and working with sponsors for your event:
1. Identify potential sponsors who align with the goals and themes of your conference. Look for companies or organizations that have an interest in the topic of your conference, or those that have a history of sponsoring similar events. You can also consider reaching out to local businesses or industry associations in your area.
2. Once you have identified potential sponsors, it is important to create a sponsorship package that outlines the benefits and opportunities available to them. The package should include information about the conference, such as the theme, location, and expected attendance, as well as the various sponsorship categories or tiers and the associated benefits. Consider creating sponsorship categories on the basis of what is most important to your potential sponsors: Ask yourself, what benefits would be most useful to the potential sponsors you have identified? Common benefits include recognition on your conferences website and materials, free conference tickets, exhibition space, and access to attendees.
3. After creating your sponsorship package, it is time to reach out to potential sponsors. If you have a list of contacts, email campaigns using Mailchimp, Constant Contact, or another email marketing client will help you craft a great looking marketing campaign. If you aren’t using an email marketing client, a personalized email or phone call is always a nice touch. Whether reaching out, by email, phone, or in-person meetings, be sure to clearly outline the benefits of sponsoring your conference and how it aligns with their goals and interests.
4. Make sure to follow up with potential sponsors to ensure that they have received your sponsorship package. This is a great way to add a personal touch after an initial email, and an important opportunity to answer any questions your potential sponsors may have.
5. Once a sponsorship has been secured, it is important to keep sponsors informed and engaged throughout the planning process and the event. Communication is key when working with sponsors. Keep them apprised of updates and make sure they have all the tools they need to successfully participate. For example, If the sponsorship package includes access to attendee information, make sure they know the process and timeline for accessing that information. Regular emails are a great way to keep sponsors engaged and up to date.
6. After the conference is over, be sure to thank your sponsors for their support with a personal message, as well as through recognition on conference materials and social media.
Securing sponsorships for your conference requires time, effort, and persistence. However, with the right approach and a clear plan, it is possible to secure the support you need to make your conference a success.
Don’t forget that CE-Go offers features to help streamline your Sponsor and Exhibitor experience! Create Sponsor Categories, assign free tickets, and allow Exhibitors to track attendee impressions via the Virtual Exhibitor Hall.
Reach out to learn more about how CE-Go can help make manage your Sponsors!